Effective March 25, 2019
This page informs you of AccountAbility’s policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information, collected by AccountAbility (we, our) as part of the licensing arrangements we have in place for your use (you, your, user) of AccountAbility services (Services), and held by AccountAbility as part of our day-to-day business dealings with you.
Why and How We Collect and Use Data About You:
We provide services and products in the accounting and information technology industries. Part of this service provision requires us to protect your privacy. We are bound by various data protection laws and regulations in the countries we operate including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 and The California Online Privacy Protection Act of 2003 (CalOPPA). They concern a number of principles in relation to the protection of your personal information and in how we must deal with our customers in relation to this information.
Personal information held by us may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile numbers, e-mail address, bank account details, details of your services and information we require to perform our services for you.
Sensitive personal financial information entered into Services we offer will not be used or disclosed by AccountAbility except as authorised by you to perform our Services for you.
Access to this information by your professional advisors or other representatives can only be granted by you.
Should you choose not to provide personal information we may not be able to provide you with the Services you require or at a sufficient level that we regard as important for performing at best practice and as such we reserve the right to terminate the supply of this Service to you.
Some of the personal information that AccountAbility holds may be the same information as that which you enter in your AccountAbility financial database, however our information is not collected only from that source.
Only you and your nominated representatives (which explicitly includes some AccountAbility system administrative employees) have access to your financial database under normal operational circumstances.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information:
- In conversations with you and your employees, in person, from e-mail, social media and telephone.
- From publicly available sources of information.
- When we are required to do so by law.
- From our own records of your usage of AccountAbility services.
- From our own internal systems that automatically collect data such as login monitoring systems that track IP address, Device Name (MAC Address) and the type of web browser you use as examples.
- From 3rd party systems such as Google Analytics so we can better understand what interest you on our website (to personalise and target content that fits your interests) and what features you use in our products so we can better design them.
How We Use and Process Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Form a contract with you such as accepting our terms to our Services.
- Provide our products and services to you.
- Collect payments and to administer your account.
- Provide you with product and service updates.
- Conduct creditworthiness checks and/or fraud checks.
- For development of existing and new products and services.
- Maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems.
- Promote new products and services we create to you.
- Conduct research into our client base.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Protect you from a variety security risks.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
In providing our Services, or collecting and using your personal information, we will always keep your data private to the maximum extent commercially and practically possible. In the normal course of business and in order to provide your service we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to organisations outside AccountAbility. Such organisations may include:
- Our outsourced service providers that host our data and manage our email campaigns.
- Your legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors if you agree as part of the service.
- Credit- and/or fraud-reporting agencies if you use the service for making financial transaction instructions.
- Organisations providing you with credit or financing.
- Our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors and bankers.
- Regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law.
- Other organisations involved in supporting our operations.
- 3rd Parties involved in investing, merging or acquiring our business (including their advisors and/or agents).
Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable precautions to make sure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. We appreciate notification of errors, omissions or changes in your personal information. This is especially important for information required for us to communicate with you, such as a change in name, email, phone or address.
Security of Your Personal Information
AccountAbility takes reasonable steps that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Some notable measures to ensure the security of your personal information include: Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection encryption; and regular backups of the database. The security of this information is also dependent on your own measures to protect your AccountAbility usernames, email addresses and passwords from disclosure and unauthorised use.
Transfer or Export of your Personal Information
When you or your customers directly or indirectly use our services, the Personal Information may be transferred or exported from the country these parties reside in to the country where the data resides. AccountAbility has set internal quality standards to meet the EEA General Data Protection Regulations and US Privacy Laws and Regulations.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access any of your personal information that we hold, with some exceptions as allowed by law. To obtain a copy of this information, write to us requesting the information and we will provide it to you. AccountAbility reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of this information.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We hold your data while you remain a subscriber to AccountAbility. If you choose to leave AccountAbility you should export your data. We hold your data for a 180 day safety period in case of malicious deletion or change of mind cases. Thereafter, for security, legal and cost of maintenance reasons we may schedule your data for deletion.
By continuing to use our products or services or website you consent to AccountAbility maintaining, using and disclosing your Personal Information as described in this document for a period of no less than seven years from the date of your last use of the system (or the date of the last use of the system by any user under your subscription, whichever is the latest).
At any time you can:
- Request to learn what Personal Information we hold about you.
- Request the deletion (erasure) of your information.
- Correct that information online, or where this is not possible, via our service team.
- Object to the continued use, processing or storing of your personal identifiable information.
- Lodge a complaint with us via firstname.lastname@example.org and as a result, expect a review and investigation.
- Lodge a complaint with the regulatory authority for your country or economic zone.
According to CalOPPA We Agree to the Following:
Our Do Not Track Policy:
We honor ‘do not track’ signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. We do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy please email email@example.com and we will attend to your query promptly.