Estimates – Import Lines from Excel
Allows you to create estimate lines in Excel and import into AccountAbility.
- Create the Estimate header as usual and save.
- Click the ‘Import’ link at the top of the page. You can download the import template by clicking the download link.
- Enter the estimate lines in the required template format and save the file on your computer. You can create new headings and subheadings in the file if you wish the system will create any new headings on Import
- Click ‘SELECT FILE’ and choose your saved file to import the lines
New ‘APPROVER’ Filters
On all of the following data browse pages an ‘APPROVER’ filter has been added, select the employee here to filter data that has been created by sub-ordinates of the Approver:
- Manage Leave
- Manage Expense Claims
- Manage Credit Cards
Send Missing Timesheet Reminder Emails and Messages
Set the filters for the data to be included – for example if you want to remind staff with missing timesheets for October – then set the date filter from Oct 1st to Oct 31st You can set further filters – for example if you only
want to send reminders to selected Departments – click the Departments filter and un-check the departments you don’t want to send reminders to.
If you click ‘Preview’ – you will see the standard missing timesheet report based on the filters set, this allows you to check who the reminders will be sent to – any employees who have days in the selected range where they
have not entered sufficient hours will get a reminder.
Once you are happy with the filter content – click the ‘Reminders’ link at the top of the page. Enter any message you want to include and click ‘SEND’
Those people with missing timesheets will receive an email and a message, and this will include a list for each of the days where they are missing timesheets showing for each of those days:
- The number of hours entered
- The number of hours required
- The missing hours
Send Credit Card Reminder Emails and Messages
Go to TIME & RESOURCES –> MANAGE CREDIT CARDS, then click the link ‘Credit Card Report’
Set the filters for the data to be included – for example if you want to remind staff with incomplete credit card transactions for October – then set the date filter from Oct 1st to Oct 31st You can set further filters – for example
if you only want to send reminders to selected Offices – click the Departments filter and un-check the departments you don’t want to send reminders to.
You will notice a new filter box here for ‘Approval Status’ – click on this and select the transaction status you want to remind people about. For example for employees you might set this filter to the following – because
these are the transactions that require their attention/action:
- Manager Rejected
Whereas if you wanted to remind Managers that they need to approve transactions for their subordinates that have been ‘Submitted’ – you would just filter on that status
If you click ‘Preview’ – you will see the standard credit card report based on the filters set, this allows you to check who the reminders will be sent to – any employees/approvers that have included data will be reminded.
Once you are happy with the filter content – click the ‘Reminders’ link at the top of the page. First, select if you want to send reminders to the employees the transactions relate to (select REMIND EMPLOYEES) or
select ‘REMIND APPROVERS. Enter any message you want to include and click ‘SEND’
Those people with credit card transactions requiring attention will receive an email and a message, and this will include a list of each of the transactions which require their attention showing
- The date of the transaction
- The amount of the transaction
- The employee it relates to
Message option to send Production Invoices and Sundry Invoices
From within the detail page of a Production Invoice or Estimate, click ‘Message’ to send a pdf link of the invoice to your client via AccountAbility messages (and optionally send an email as well).
Restructuring of Master File ‘EXCEL’ functions and new functions to Update existing data using Excel
We are progressively restructuring the ‘EXCEL’ functionality relating to the way data can be exported, imported and now updated. In summary:
- Previously, most master file search screens had links for ‘List Export’ and ‘Import’ – these are now being replaced with a single ‘Excel’ link
- When you click the ‘Excel’ link – you will see a new pop-up page like this:
- The EXPORT and IMPORT are self-explanatory – but you will notice a new ‘UPDATE’ option – here’s how that works:
Let’s say I wanted to update the Billable Rates on a large number of task types. I would go to the search task types page, export the task types to Excel – then change the billable rates as required in Excel and save the excel file.
Now – I can select that file to ‘Update’ – the system will notice the changed rates and update the rates in AccountAbility accrodingly
- The column order and content of the ‘Export’ and ‘Import’ templates are being changed so that they are exactly the same
- On rows 2 and 3 of the Import and Export templates we have added instructions and color coding – like the example below for task types:
On row 2 we have isntructions for Importing – the columns are coloured accordingly to dicate how they are to be ued when importing data from Excel
- Grey cell columns –any data entered into this column when importing is ignored
- Yellow cell columns – there must be data in this column when importing
- White cells – you may enter data in this cell when importing- but it is not compulsory
On row 3 we have isntructions for Updating – the columns are coloured accordingly to dicate how they are to be ued when Updating data from Excel:
- Grey cell columns – any data entered into this column when updating is ignored
- Yellow cell columns – there must be data in this column when updating. When updating – the ID key column is crucial, after exporting the data you want to update to Excel, do not change the data in this field as the system uses this to identify which record is to be updated.
- White cells – you may enter data in this cell when updating- but it is not compulsory
So far these new functions have been assigned to Jobs, Task Types, Clients and Office Billable Rates. Over the coming weeks this will be applied to all Master File style pages that have Excel import/export functions.
New ‘Full Screen’ option in Resource Management
Go to TIME & RESOURCES-> TIMELINES ->RESOURCE MANAGEMENT – check the box ‘SHOW IN FULL SCREEN’ to expand the page to take up the entire available space. This allows many more tasks and employees
to be viewed on one page without scrolling.
We have also redesigned the ADD TASK / EDIT TASK pop up screens on this page to to make them friendlier
New ‘Invite’ function for new employees
After adding a new Employee, click the ‘Invite’ link at the top of the page. This creates an email (which you can edit if you wish) containing a link that the new employee can use to go assign their
personal AccountAbility password and login for the first time.
You can also use this functions for employees who have forgotten their password as they can use the link to re-set their password.
New page to manage Office Billable Rates for Task Types
Go to MASTER FILES-> TASK TYPES ->SEARCH TASK TYPES – click the link ‘Office Billable Rates’
This new page allows you to view/edit all Office specific task type rates in one place. The new EXCEL’ functions have also been applied here to enable you to Import, export or update data using Excel
Talent Payment Report – New Task Type filter
A task type filter has been added to this report selection page – by default only task types with ‘Other Charges’ applied are checked – this will exclude any non-talent supplier invoices from the report.