New Job Time Summary
Go to PRODUCTION -> JOBS ->JOB TIME SUMMARY – you will see a summary page providing one line of key time related data for each job, including the Estimated Hours, Actual Hours to Date,
Expected Hours to Come and Billed Hours.
This is in the same family as the recently released ‘JOB PROFITABILIY SUMMARY’ – except that this function focuses exclusively on managing and reviewing hours, rather than billable and cost amounts.
Set filters for example if you just want to see jobs for a specific client.
- Click on the Job No link on the left to ‘drill down’ to see the same information at Task Type level for the selected job
- Click the EXPECTED TO COME section to enter/edit the number of you hours you expect will be required from now to complete the task – note this also updates the data for the internal/timeelements of the JOB PROFITABILITY
- Click on the Task Type name on the left to drill down to see a list of the actual transactions (Estimates and Time Sheets) for the task type
- Click on the Transaction link on the left to navigate to the detail page for the selected transaction
New Employee Utilisation Planning
We see this function as a key plank in our objective for AccountAbility to give your agency clear information on your future resourcing outlook. We know this is one of, if not the most important
challenge facing many agencies in this era of a move towards project based client agreements which mean large fluctuations in revenue over time, and which as a result present a big challenge to
ensure that the agency has
- Sufficient (but not excess) resources to meet the upcoming project staffing requirements
- A way to ensure that freelance resources are used only where required and truly justified by the actual tasks at hand and upcoming in the forecast period
Of course for an agency to do this well, they must have both the tools and the business processes in place to ensure that future tasks and staffing data around those tasks are constantly and
accurately maintained. We believe, particularly with recent developments and improvements in the timeline and resource management functions, that AccountAbility now gives you a realistic and
practical way to do that.
Resource planning and management will continue to be a major development focus for us in coming months.
Go to TIME & RESOURCES -> TIMELINES ->EMPLOYEE UTILISATION PLANNING TIME SUMMARY – you will see a summary page providing one line of key time related of key data for each employee
for the next month (click the ‘FILTERS’ though if you want to see a different date range such as the next week) , including:
- Standard Hours – the number of working hours for each employee in the selected date range based on their defined working hours and days
- Public Holiday Hours – the number of hours for each employee in the selected date range taken up by public holidays
- Leave Hours – the number of hours for each employee in the selected date range taken up by leave applied for by the employee
- Available Hours – Standard Hours less Public Holidays and leave
- Estimated Hours – the number of estimated hours in the selected date range on Timeline Tasks that this employee has been assigned to
- Click on the Employee link on the left to ‘drill down’ to see the details of the tasks that the employee has been assigned to – i.e. the
- Click the Job No link to navigate to the Timeline that a task relates to so you can see all of the tasks for that job and make changes if required
Enhanced Message/Email sending selections
You can now quickly select a group of employees when sending AccountAbility messages/emails – just click the Employees tab – now you can set a filter for an Office, Department or Team, then
select the employees belonging to that group you want to send the message to.
This is useful for example if you wanted to quickly select all employees from a specific department to send a message and email ..
New Employee ‘Timesheet Hours’ function
We have added a new field ‘Timesheet Hours’ to the employee master file data page – which is in addition to the existing ‘Daily Hours’.
The purpose of the new ‘Timesheet Hours’ field is to record the number of hours you expect each employee to enter into their timesheets each working day – so for example on staff such as finance
or admin staff who you don’t require to enter timesheets – you would enter zero hours.
The ‘Missing Timesheet’ report and reminder function have been modified to now calculate the required hours on this new field, whereas previously the required hours for this report/function were
based on the Daily Hours.
This should make it easier for you to exclude employees from the missing time report/function – while still maintaining the number of hours they are expected to work (Daily Hours) for other functions
such as leave management.
Enhancements to Prospects function
- The ‘Messages’ function has been added to the Prospects page – just open the prospect and click the ‘Messages’ link. This feature is similar to the ‘Jobs’ message function. It allows you to createand retrieve messages and emails relating to a new business prospect within the Prospect itself. You can also send emails with messages directly to the prospect contact.
- When you have a prospect which relates to an existing client – for example a potential new project from an existing client – you can now createa new Prospect and assign it to the client. Just create the new prospect -then click t eh button ‘ASSIGN TO CLIENT’
Create Supplier Invoice from PO – and change the supplier
This function was created primarily to manage the Talent/Talent Agent situation as follows:
Let’ s say you are booking talent from a specific Talent Agency ‘Master Supplier’ – the company you will pay – but at this point you don’t know who the actual talent (end supplier) will be.
Now – when you add the supplier invoice for the PO, you can assign the invoice to the end/talent supplier, and then select the related PO which was created originally for the Talent Agent Master supplier.
Change Master Supplier on a Supplier Invoice
Until now the Master Supplier for an invoice (the Master Supplier is the company you will pay for the invoice) was fixed according the Master File – it was always assigned to the Supplier’s Master Supplier.
You can now change this on a specific invoice – in the case where a particular invoice is to be paid to a different Master Supplier than the default for the invoice Supplier. Just enter/create the invoice
as normal – then open the detail invoice page and select the ‘Master Supplier’ from the drop down
Search Task Types according to Job Type
On the SEARCH TASK TYPES page, there is a new ‘JOB TYPE’ search filter – so you can view/export all tasks that are assigned to/usable on a specific Job Type.