Logi Reports – Business Intelligence/Report Writer
Create your own custom reports, charts and dashboards using the new embedded Logi Reports tool. See the ‘Logi Reports’ link under the menu bar. This function gives you access to the raw AccountAbility data to model and analyze as required.
Detailed instructions/help on using Logi Reports can be found on our help site at http://www.accountabilityaccesshelp.com
Note that this function is currently only available to members of the Administrator user group who have no data access restrictions.
New ‘Resource Management’ function
This is a new function that has been keenly anticipated by many clients. Essentially it is a ‘drag and drop’ visual style screen to manage timeline tasks within a team – so which team members have availability and make it easier to assign tasks accordingly.
The function is accessed through Time and Resources -> Timelines ->Resource Management
Seta filter according to the Team you are wanting manage, and the view start date. A number of views of the data are available
Getting the best out of this function requires some optional set-up work that will significantly increase its effectiveness:
- For major clients that have a lot of timeline task activity – it is advisable to assign a ‘colour’ to each client (Master Files -> Clients -> Open each client and select a colour). This enables you to easily identify visually which client tasks relate to.
- Assign a photo (avatar) to the Employees who are managed regularly (Master Files -> Employee -> Open each employee and upload an avatar)
Whilst neither of these set-up tasks is compulsory – you can see from the screen grab below how this helps visually in understanding the resource/task data…
The page displays all tasks assigned to the filtered team, as well as all tasks assigned to employees who are members of the filtered team.
Best practice in the way timeline tasks are created in the first instance will help greatly in getting the best from this function. As such we highly recommend:
- Create Timeline Templates for the most common types of jobs.
- On the Timeline Template lines (tasks) – assign the team code against each line, based on the team that usually carries out such tasks
- Create Timelines by copying from the Templates you have created – that way all tasks will be pre-assigned to the relevant team and you won’t have to assign the team on each timeline and each task – you can simply review the team assignments as they relate to the specific
Working this way will organize your data in such a way that is easy to manipulate within the Resource Management pages.
Tasks that have been assigned to a Team, but not to a specific Employee will appear on the first row as ‘Not yet assigned’ – you can drag such tasks down the page and drop them against the Employee and day/time that they should be carried out.
You can add tasks on this new Resource Manager page; however we recommend that, in the main, you create new tasks within the Timeline page in the first instance.
General Ledger Sub Account structure
This function allows you to set up an additional sub structure for your GL Accounts where you want to track/dissect transactions through one or more sub-accounts – with the option of printing reports displaying the sub-account detail, or with the details consolidated/summarized at the
header account level.
To create sub-accounts, simply create new GL Accounts in the usual manner; then assign the Account to a ‘Header’ GL Account. In the example below we have created a Sub-Account ‘730001.1 – Telephone Costs – Mobiles’ and assigned it to the Header Account ‘730001 – Telephone
Costs’. We might then create another sub-account ‘730001.2 – Telephone Costs – Office’ which we also assign to the same header account.
When reporting (all GL Reports which contain GL Accounts) we can elect to display the Sub-Account detail, which is the default, or uncheck the box ‘Show Sub GL Account Detail?’ if we want to see Telephone costs as a single line on the report under account ‘730001 – Telephone Costs’.
Enhancements to Estimate template function
Individual rows on Estimate templates now allow greater flexibility:
- Assign specific charge types (previously when creating estimates from templates the line charge type defaulted to the task type charge type – now you can override that)
- Define a specific number of units for each row (previously when creating estimates from templates the line units defaulted to 1 – now you can create template lines for a specific number of units)
• Add specific mark-up amounts to override the default mark-up calculations (previously when creating estimates from templates the line mark-up defaulted to the Job default %, now you can optionally define a specific mark-up amount to be applied)
A ‘copy’ button has been added to the Estimate Template Browse – check/tick the Template you wish to copy and click the ‘Copy’ button – a new Template will be created with the same details and lines and the page is opened for the new Template
Cash Flow – Daily view option
The cash flow budget function now allows a daily view option in addition to the existing Monthly and Weekly views.
Client specific report disclaimer
Under Set Up Files -> Report Set Up ->Report Disclaimers you can now assign a disclaimer to appear on particular report/reports only where that report is for a specific client. For example if you wanted a specific disclaimer to appear on estimates for a particular client, you can set this up
here and it will override the default disclaimer applicable to estimates for other clients.